Important questions about UGC NET Management July 2018. UGC NET Management July 2018 MCQ questions with answers. UGC NET Management July 2018 exam questions and answers for students and interviews.
1. From the following determinants of the price elasticity of demand, indicate the correct code for the determinants having a positive
relationship with the degree of the price elasticity of demand: (a) Range of substitutes of the commodity (b) The extent of the different uses of the commodity (c) A portion of the income of the buyer spent on the commodity (d) Income group of buyers purchasing the commodity Code:
A : (a) and (b) only
B : (c) and (d) only
C : (a), (b) and (c) only
D : (b), (c) and (d) only
2. Match the items given in List-I with those given in the List-II and suggest the correct code:
A : (a) (b) (c) (d) (i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
B : (a) (b) (c) (d) (ii) (i) (iv) (iii)
C : (a) (b) (c) (d) (iv) (iii) (ii) (i)
D : (a) (b) (c) (d) (iii) (iv) (i) (ii)
3. From the following two statements of Assertion (A) and Reason (R) suggest the correct code: Assertion (A): The equilibrium price is decided at the level where the quantity demanded equals the quantity supplied. Reason (R): At this level excess of demand and excess of supply both remain zero. Code:
A : (A) is correct, but (R) is incorrect.
B : (A) is incorrect, but (R) is correct.
C : (A) and (R) both are correct, but (R) is not the right explanation of (A).
D : (A) and (R) both are correct and (R) is the right explanation of (A).
4. Despite differences in the cost of production, the oligopolists will not vary the prices of their products as per which combination of the
following models? (a) Collusion model (b) Cournot’s model (c) Kinked Demand model (d) Price Leadership model Select the correct code.
A : (a) and (b) only
B : (c) and (d) only
C : (a) and (d) only
D : (a), (b) and (c) only
5. For the following two statements of Assertion (A) and Reason (R) suggest the correct code: Assertion (A): Low initial price regarded as the principal means for entering into the mass market for some new products. Reason (R): Firms generally enter into the production of new products with excess capacity of the plant initially.
A : (A) is correct, but (R) is not correct.
B : (A) is not correct, but (R) is correct.
C : (A) and (R) both are correct and (R) is the right explanation of (A).
D : (A) and (R) both are correct, but (R) is not the right explanation of (A).
46. Which of the following statements relating to Correlation and Regression are true? (a) The Coefficient of Correlation is independent of change of origin and scale. (b) The Coefficient of Correlation between the two variables is the arithmetic average of the two Regression Coefficients. (c) The probable error of the Coefficient Correlation is 0.6745 times of its standard error. (d) Coefficient of Correlation multiplied by the ratio between the standard deviations of the two variables denotes the slope of
the regression line.
A : (a), (b) and (c)
B : (a), (c) and (d)
C : (b) and (d)
D : (b), (c) and (d)
47. In which one of the following probability distributions, the mean value of the distribution is the sole parameter of the distribution?
A : Normal distribution
B : Binomial distribution
C : Exponential distribution
D : Poisson distribution
48. Match the items of List-II with the items of List-I and denote the code of correct matching:
A : (a) (b) (c) (iii) (i) (ii)
B : (a) (b) (c) (ii) (iii) (i)
C : (a) (b) (c) (ii) (i) (iii)
D : (a) (b) (c) (i) (ii) (iii)
49. What is “Block Chain” in the field of information technology?
A : Motherboard protection device.
B : Protection of details of electronic transaction.
C : Taking random snaps of electronic transactions.
D : Blocking continuous electronic transactions.
50. When the organizational requirements advocate tight cost control; frequent, detailed control reports; structured organization and
responsibilities and incentives based on meeting strict quantitative targets then it is called:
A : Differentiation strategy
B : Focus strategy
C : Diversification strategy
D : Overall cost leadership
51. Statement (I): Strategic turn around is a more serious form of internal retrenchment and leads to divestment or liquidation. Statement (II): Divestment is usually a part of a rehabilitation or restructuring plan and is adopted when a turn around
has been attempted but has proven to be unsuccessful. Statement (III): Combination strategies are the simple solutions that strategists have to offer when faced with the challenges of real life
business. Select the correct code for the above-mentioned statements being correct or incorrect.
A : Statements (I) and (II) are correct, but statement (III) is not correct.
B : Statements (II) and (III) are correct, but statement (I) is not correct.
C : Statement (I) is correct, but statements (II) and (III) are not correct.
D : Statement (II) is correct, but statements (I) and (III) are not correct.
52. According to Weighted-factor Approach to strategic incentive management, if for any strategic business unit, return on assets is 25%, cash flow is 25%, strategic funds programs (developmental expenses) is 25% and market share increase is also 25%, then this will fall in which category?
A : High Growth
B : Medium Growth
C : Low Growth
D : Very High Growth
53. A concept given for diversified corporations which advocates: (a) What businesses should a diversified corporation own and why; and (b) What organizational structure, management processes, and philosophy will foster superior performance from the corporation’s individual business units, is known as:
A : Corporate Portfolio Analysis
B : Strategic Alternative Analysis
C : Corporate Parenting Analysis
D : S.B.U. Analysis
54. A company in packaged tea business provides special service to its institutional buyers, apart from its consumer sales through market intermediaries, in order to encourage bulk buying and thus improving marketing efficiency, is an example of:
A : No change strategy
B : Profit strategy
C : Stability strategy
D : Pause/Proceed-with-caution strategy
55. Match the items of List-II with List-I and select the correct code:
A : (a) (b) (c) (d) (iv) (i) (iii) (ii)
B : (a) (b) (c) (d) (ii) (iii) (i) (iv)
C : (a) (b) (c) (d) (iii) (iv) (ii) (i)
D : (a) (b) (c) (d) (iv) (iii) (i) (ii)
56. The willingness to reject unfamiliar, as well as negative information, is called
A : Marketing Myopia
B : Vision Myopia
C : Strategic Myopia
D : Environmental Myopia
57. Timely and adequate assistance and rehabilitation efforts to MSEs should begin on a proactive basis when early signs of sickness are detected. This stage is termed as:
A : Supporting Stage
B : Handholding Stag
C : Sustaining Stage
D : Recovery Stage
58. Which one among the following is not a factor external to an entrepreneur?
A : Machinery on hire purchase
B : Accommodation in industrial estates
C : Financial assistance from non-government sources
D : Business experience in the same or related line
59. Assertion (A): When an industrial unit falls sick, those who depend on it have to face an uncertain future. Reason (R): The sick units continue to operate below the breakeven point and are, thus, forced to depend on external sources for funds of their
A : (A) and (R) both are correct and (R) is the right explanation of (A).
B : Both (A) and (R) are correct, but (R) is not the right explanation of (A).
C : Both (A) and (R) are incorrect.
D : (A) is correct, but (R) is incorrect.
60. Individuals who are the founders of the business and conceptualize a business plan by putting efforts to make the plan success are known as:
A : Quasi entrepreneurs
B : Bold entrepreneurs
C : Pure entrepreneurs
D : Owner-manager
Ugc Net Management - Previous Year Solved Papers more Online Exam Quiz