9. Madhuri might scream blue murder, but I feel Deepali should get the promotion since she is better qualified for the job.
A : Someone has been murdered with some blue liquid
B : Someone is being murdered and has become blue
C : Suffer from persecution complex
D : Make a great deal of noise and object vehemently
10. Having sold off his factory, he is now a gentleman at large .
A : Has no serious occupation
B : Is living comfortably
C : Is respected by everybody
D : Is held in high esteem
1. Though he has lot of money, yet all his plans are built upon sand .
A : established on insecure foundations
B : based on inexperience
C : resting on cheap material
D : resting on immature ideas
2. His plan was so complicated that it floored his listeners.
3. There has been bad blood between the two communities even before shouting.
4. The curious neighbours were disappointed as the young couple's quarrel was just a storm in a tea cup .
A : violent quarrel
B : fuss about a trifle
C : brittle situation
D : quarrel about tea cups
5. Mohan always keeps himself to himself
A : Is too busy
B : Is selfish
C : Is unsociable
D : Does not take sides
6. While the ladies continued their small talk in the drawing room, I felt bored.
7. My car broke down on way to the railway station.
A : stopped
B : met with an accident
C : ran out of petrol
D : failed to work
8. My father strained every nerve to enable me to get settled in life.
A : worked very hard
B : spent a huge amount
C : tried all tricks
D : bribed several persons
9. He is always picking holes in every project.
A : creating problems in
B : finding fault with
C : suggesting improvement in
D : asking irrelevant questions on
10. The die is cast and now let us hope for the best.
A : project is over
B : decision is made
C : death is inevitable
D : cloth has been dyed
Verbal Ability more Online Exam Quiz