10. It is necessary to sort a file before searching a particular item
1. Parenthesis is never required in Postfix or Prefix expressions
2. Which type of entity is related to two or more associated entities that each contain specialized attributes that apply to some but not all of the instances of the entity?
A : Supertype entity
B : Subtype entity
C : Archetype entity
D : Instance entity
3. To eliminate definition duplication, XML Schemas define:
A : an intersection table.
B : global elements.
C : a normalized definition table.
D : None of the above is correct.
5. The HAVING clause does which of the following?
A : Acts like a WHERE clause but is used for groups rather than rows.
B : Acts like a WHERE clause but is used for rows rather than columns.
C : Acts like a WHERE clause but is used for columns rather than groups.
D : Acts EXACTLY like a WHERE clause.
7. If a table has been normalized so that all determinants are candidate keys, then that table is in:
9. Legacy data is which of the following?
A : Data contained in a newly-installed system
B : Data rejected during the installation of a new system
C : Data contained in a file system
D : Data contained by a system used prior to the installation of a new system
10. The command to eliminate a table from a database is
A : REMOVE TABLE CUSTOMER;
B : UPDATE TABLE CUSTOMER;
C : DELETE TABLE CUSTOMER;
D : DROP TABLE CUSTOMER;
1. Which of the following describes a relational database?
A : It retrieves data related to its queries
B : It provides a relationship between floats
C : It provides a relationship between integers
D : It consists of separate tables or related data
2. An entity is a thing in the real world with an independent existence.
3. In the relational model, relationships between relations or tables are created by using:
A : composite keys.
B : determinants.
C : candidate keys.
D : foreign keys.
4. A transaction for which all committed changes are permanent is called:
Technical Questions more Online Exam Quiz