9. Shift registers are used to store and transfer data.
10. A J-K flip-flop excitation table lists the present state, the next state, and the J and K levels required to produce each transition.
1. Counters are generally decoded in order to determine their count state.
2. Phototransistors have varying resistance from collector to emitter, depending on how much light strikes them.
3. An asynchronous counter differs from a synchronous counter in the method of clocking.
4. When a J-K flip-flop is used in a circuit, we only have to consider the level at J and K at the active clock edge to know the states of the outputs.
5. The MOD number of a Johnson counter will always be equal to one-half the number of flip-flops in the counter.
6. In a synchronous counter, each state is clocked by the same pulse.
7. To design a divide-by-200 counter using synchronous counters, two 4-bit counters could be cascaded together to form an 8-bit counter.
8. Another term used to describe up/down counters is bidirectional .
9. A state diagram is a table of states.
10. All flip-flops in an asynchronous counter change states at the same time.
Digital Electronics more Online Exam Quiz