3. Amith can row a boat d km upstream and the same distance downstream in 5 hours 15 minutes. Also, he can row the boat 2d km upstream in 7 hours. How long will it take to row the same distance 2d km downstream for Amith ?
4. A motorboat running upstream takes 8 hours 48 minutes to cover a certain distance, while it takes 4 hours to cover the same distance running downstream. What is the ratio between the speed of the motorboat and speed of the water current respectively?
5. Sravan drove from home to a neighboring town at the speed of 50 km/h and on his returning journey, he drove at the speed of 45 km/h and also took an hour longer to reach home. What distance did he cover?
6. A Woman?s downstream swimming rate is thrice of her upstream swimming rate. If she covers 12 km upstream in 2.5 hours, what distance she will cover in 5 hours downstream?
7. A boat can move 5 km/hr in still water. If the river is running at 1 km/hr, it takes it 75 min to move to a place and back. How far is the place?
8. A motorboat takes half time to cover a certain distance downstream than upstream. What is the ratio between rate of current and rate of boat in still water?
9. A man can row upstream at 16 km/hr and downstream at 24 km/hr. Find the speed of the current.
10. A motorboat goes 8 km an hour in still water, but takes thrice as much time in going the same distance against the current than going with the current. Then find the speed of the current?