3. A milkman has 20 liters of milk. If he mixes 5 liters of water, which is freely available, in 20 liters of pure milk. If the cost of pure milk is Rs. 18 per litre, then the profit of the milkman, when he sells all the mixture at cost price, the profit %?
4. There are two mixtures of honey and water in which the ratio of honey and water are as 1:3 and 3:1 respectively. Two litres are drawn from first mixture and 3 litres from second mixture, are mixed to form another mixture. What is the ratio of honey and water in it?
5. In what ratio must wheat at Rs. 3.20/kg be mixed with wheat at Rs. 2.90/kg so that the mixture be worth Rs. 3/kg?
6. From a tank of petrol , which contains 200 liters of petrol, the seller replaces each time with kerosene when he sells 40 liters of petrol(or mixture). Everytime he sells out only 40 liters of petrol (pure or impure). After replacing the petrol with kerosene 4th time, the total amount of kerosene in the mixture is
7. In what ratio must a merchant mix two varieties of oils worth Rs. 60/kg and Rs. 65/kg, so that by selling the mixture at Rs. 68.20/kg, he may gain 10%?
6. 640 ml of a mixture contains milk and water in ratio 6:2. How much of the water is to be added to get a new mixture containing half milk and half water?
7. A mixture of 150 liters of wine and water contains 20% water. How much more water should be added so that water becomes 25% of the new mixture?
8. A milk merchant buys 50 litres of milk at the rate of Rs 40 per litre and mixes 5 litres of water in it. If he sells this mixture at the rate of Rs 42 per litre, then what is the profit percentage for the dealer?