3. There are two mixtures of honey and water in which the ratio of honey and water are as 1:3 and 3:1 respectively. Two litres are drawn from first mixture and 3 litres from second mixture, are mixed to form another mixture. What is the ratio of honey and water in it?
4. In what ratio must wheat at Rs. 3.20/kg be mixed with wheat at Rs. 2.90/kg so that the mixture be worth Rs. 3/kg?
5. From a tank of petrol , which contains 200 liters of petrol, the seller replaces each time with kerosene when he sells 40 liters of petrol(or mixture). Everytime he sells out only 40 liters of petrol (pure or impure). After replacing the petrol with kerosene 4th time, the total amount of kerosene in the mixture is
6. In what ratio must a merchant mix two varieties of oils worth Rs. 60/kg and Rs. 65/kg, so that by selling the mixture at Rs. 68.20/kg, he may gain 10%?
7. A container contains 120 lit of Diesel. From this container, 12 lit of Diesel was taken out and replaced by kerosene. This process was further repeated for two times. How much diesel is now there in the container?
8. In a mixture of 240 lt. water is 20% and rest is Milk. What quantity of mixture should be taken out and replaced with water so that water becomes 40%?
9. An alloy contains gold and silver in the ratio 5 : 8 and another alloy contains gold and silver in the ratio 5 : 3. If equal amount of both the alloys are melted together, then the ratio of gold and silver in the resulting alloy is?
10. In a 100 litre of mixture the ratio of milk and water is 6:4. How much milk must be added to the mixture in order to make the ratio 3 : 1?